The Negress has been eating. She does that every day. She hopes as many people as can eat every day too. However, eating if you are a first-world sort has become fraught with weirdness. So, with that in mind, the Negress will attempt to sort it out for you.
1. Food is good. It’s even better fried (usually).
2. You should eat food; not nutrients. Lycopene (tomatoes) and resveratrol (red wine) are not food.
3. Try to eat something you haven’t eaten before every day. You might learn something.
4. Try to be more vegetarian. Indian food is a good place to start.
5, Cheese is awesome unless you are lactose intolerant. The Negress thought she was lactose intolerant. She had Crohn’s disease.
6. Please, let’s move past the gluten thing the way we moved past hypoglycemia, Atkins, etc.
7. Also, remember people who ate paleo-style ended up extinct. Consider the rich possibilities of this statement.
8. Cooking is better than buying. You can make burrito for a lot less than Chipotle sells you one.
9. However, sometimes you need a burger built by someone else. The Negress usually does this twice a year whether she needs to or not.
10. Soda is not food. It’s a viciously efficient sugar delivery system. However, since the Negress is not addict (thank Heaven), she allows herself a couple of Mexican Cokes a year. If you know, you know.
10A. If candy corn is wrong,the Negress doesn’t want to be right. Happy Halloween.